Planning Blog Post #2 - Table of Contents and Feature Spread

Table of Contents sketch:

Feature Spread sketch:


To commence, I will talk about the Table of Contents page. When I saw the TOCs in the Rolling Stone Magazines, one of them was seamlessly blended in with the main image of that page:

I, however, will not make my TOC like that. Instead, I will make it more like the other 2 Rolling Stone Magazine TOCs:



As can be seen, these 2 TOCs have a clear separation between the main image and the rest of the page info for the continued pages. I will try to have a similar layout to that. Also, the main image on this page will not be the same as the cover page. I also intend for this page's colour scheme to be colorful, vibrant, and luminant (whether it be the main image or the actual page outline/layout.)


Now, I will move on to the feature spread. My idea for the feature spread was to maybe draw a rendition of a Latino artist's entire face (down to about the shoulder area) and the page on one side would have one side of their face and on the other spread page would be the other half. I think it would be a pretty cool layout and also an interesting idea to have a drawing rendition rather than an actual photograph, since it would be near impossible to have an actual famous Latin artist to pose for a picture. The feature spread will also be a continuation of the cover image/story (i.e. if the main image of the cover is a famous latin artist, then the feature spread will be that same artist.) As for the colour scheme, I really can't say right now since I don't know what these images will consist of. 

In terms of what the fonts will be, I imagine they will be uniform throughout the cover, TOC, Feature spread, and other pages. Of course, however, the same font I use for the masthead won't be the same as for the cover lines, main cover line, etc. Basically, it will be how it is on the Rolling Stone magazine that I researched.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Genre Codes and Conventions Research Project (Cover)

Mood Board Reflection/Written Explanation