Planning Blog Post #1 - Cover


My magazine's name will be LATINX+. The font used on the cover and pretty much everywhere in the magazine will most likely be Sans Serif (despite what the sketch says), since it is more modern-looking and I feel it will complement the magazine better. My intended/planned colour scheme for the cover is to have the Masthead be a blue colour, with the + at the end being either a darker or lighter shade of blue (for example: LATINX+). As for the rest of the colour scheme (main image, etc.), I do not know that yet since I have not begun taking any pictures or designing the cover page. Since my magazine will talk about Latin American artists, an idea i had for the cover's Main Image is to go to a record store and take a picture of a Latino aisle in the store, or if I am making it artist-specific, then maybe a professional portrait picture of a stack of their albums, etc. There will be no strap line and also no cover line, since I want the magazine to have a basic/simplistic look to it. Main Cover Line will be in the bottom left and the other cover lines will run down along the right side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Genre Codes and Conventions Research Project (Cover)

Mood Board Reflection/Written Explanation