Mood Board Reflection/Written Explanation

(Sorry for the glare from the light on the left-hand side)

To commence, for my mood board, I incorporated things such as artists from the modern era (A$AP Rocky), as well as some from an older era (Elton John, Stevie Wonder, etc.) and also made sure to have a variety of different instruments in order to grasp the concept and connect the main idea for my mood board: The Fine Arts. Specifically, I focused on music and its many aspects. Personally, I would've included more artists, but I didn't have their pictures.

I used flashy colors in order to depict what typically music is. For instance, when one goes to a concert, the stage is lit up with a wide range of colors, and I made sure to do just that on this mood board. Whether it's the pink color scheme on the young child with the red/pinkish guitar, or the pictures of different artists live on a stage, I aimed to make sure what I was trying to do with the colors was clear to the reader, and I intend to improve upon this when designing my actual magazine.

I used a whole spectrum of photos in order to convey this theme, ranging from classic artists such as Paul McCartney and Tupac, to more recent artists, like A$AP Rocky and Drake. To me, music isn't just one category. It encompasses many different styles and genres, and I aimed to achieve just that by making sure to include these different artists and the different genres each represents, be it Rock, Rap, Latin Trap, Pop, etc. Aside from artists and their genres, I also made sure to include a diverse set of instruments, like the bass, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, percussion instruments (drum set), etc. This helps the reader understand the scope of what I am attempting to put together.

Thus, I believe the one thing that brings all these different people (and what they represent) on these photos together is Music itself. A$AP Rocky, Tupac, and Drake are Rap/Hip-Hop artists, while Stevie Wonder is a Soul/R&B artist, and Elton John & Paul McCartney are Rock artists. However, they are all artists nonetheless. And that's what I strive to depict on my mood board.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Genre Codes and Conventions Research Project (Cover)